Clear data but keep contact records

Hello,

We have Suite 7.6.6/Sugar 6.5.23. We are basically wanting to delete everything and start over but not have to redo settings or re-import contact names. Is there a simple way to clear attachments, notes etc but leave everything else…

thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Tom

You can delete from the database via phpMyAdmin or MySQL command-line.

Apart from (obviously) getting a full backup before attempting anything, I would recommend you try to understand a bit of the table structure before starting.

For example accounts you will find tables like this

• “accounts” the actual accounts records
  • “accounts_cstm” any custom fields you created for accounts
  • “accounts_contacts” the relationship table between accounts and contacts

So you’ll find quite a few relationship tables where you should also delete records from. But if you don’t delete them, things will still work fine, only you will be left with a bunch of orphaned rows in your database.

Maybe you’ll like reading this from my blog:
https://pgorod.github.io/Database-tables-size/

That SELECT command will guide you towards where your data is stored.

Good luck and share your findings/tips when you’re done.

Thank you for your reply and assistance, but I’m new to this stuff, downloaded myphpadmin but there doesn’t seem to be a setup to get it going. and command line sounds ok to me but was really hoping for a way to visually see and delete say all attachments. Not really sure where everything is located but have access to the pc as admin

The “visual way” you want is phpMyAdmin. What is your environment like, Windows, Linux? If Linux, which one?

I normally don’t “download” phpMyAdmin, I just tell it to install with “apt-get install phpmyadmin” and it just works.