SuiteCRM 7.8.9 - Calendar will not display - Was fine for over a year, now nothing displays

I really need your help, I have spent the past 3 days trying to figure this out. Our Calendar will not display and what is weird is there was no change to the code or upgrades, it just quite displaying overnight. I have reinstalled the entire SuiteCRM, I have cleared out the cache on Suite as well as internet browsers, processed multiple Quick Repair and Rebuilds, made sure permissions are set correctly nothing helps. I look for errors being thrown in the SuiteCrm log and any php errors on the server, nothing shows. If I add the calendar dashlet on my dashboard, it will display the calendar and the calendar spaces. If I refresh the page, the same calendar will not display. I have tried setting the default theme to Suite 7, Suite R and Suite P to see if it makes a difference, nothing helps. There are no security groups on our SuiteCRM instance, no issues there.

In my Chrome Browser, I will inspect the calendar page for errors and this is some of what is displaying repeatedly:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) colourSelector.php

GET /themes/SuiteR/css/colourSelector.php net::ERR_ABORTED index.php?module=Calendar&action=index&parentTab=All:52

Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/gif: “/index.php?entryPoint=getImage&imageName=blank.png”.

Please help, this has made our entire SuiteCRM useless as we depend on our scheduling accessed in the calendar. Thank you!

Your Environment
SuiteCRM Version 7.8.9
Browser : Tested in Chrome & Firefox
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)
Environment name and version MySQL 5.6.32-78.1, PHP 5.6.32
Operating System and version (Linux)

Have you tried the other options in Admin / Repair, apart from the Quick Repair and Rebuild?

Check any Apache configurations involving file types, MIME types. These could be in an .htaccess file on specific directories.

Maybe you could also try a PHP upgrade to 7.0. This probably won’t hurt, might solve your problem, and anyway will get you a much faster and more secure system.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Just even suggestion on where to look is awesome, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will look into all of these items and will let you know what helped. Thanks!

Ok first thing I did was upgrade to PHP 7.0. Didn’t change the calendar display, but as you said, it is a much faster and more secure system.

Next I checked the Apache configurations involving file types, MIME types. Everything looks good, nothing changed

I then ran the all of the other options in Admin / Repair, then rechecked all permissions on the Suite files and directories. Calender display issue is still there.

Cleared out SuiteCRM cache as well as both browser caches.

Some interesting error codes populated in Chrome inspector. When I refresh the calender page this error shows referenceing this file (index.php?module=Calendar&action=index&view=sharedWeek:1):

“The SSL certificate used to load resources from https://yui-s.yahooapis.com will be distrusted in M70. Once distrusted, users will be prevented from loading these resources. See https://g.co/chrome/symantecpkicerts for more information.”

If I edit the calender settings, I get this error:

“Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token ‘’/index.php?module=Calendar&action=index&parentTab=All:1492”

Error log in Suite:

“PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value in
/modules/Calendar/Dashlets/CalendarDashlet/CalendarDashlet.php on line 65”

Any suggestions on where to look next?

Do you still get the 500 error?

Let me make sure I understand: to get this error, you add a Calendar dashlet to the homepage, and then refresh once?

Please also check php_errors.log, you should have some clues there.

Thank you, here is clarification on the issue. I have not been receiving a 500 error, the calendar will not display as a dashlet or if I click on the main calendar page. I just get the calender headers with nothing display underneath. I am attaching some screenshots here:

Dashlet Screenshot:

Main Calendar Page:

If I add a new calendar dashlet on my dashboard, it will display the calendar and the calendar spaces properly. If I refresh the page, the same calendar will not display.

I think I found a fix, was a bear to accomplish though… I decided to install SuiteCRM using a totally different folder and URL than the current address we have used for our company. Made a copy of the database structure only and then imported the sql file I had exported from our original site. Works like a charm! Calendar displays, dashlets are great, everything is working. So i wanted to experiment and moved the new install to our existing url, didn’t change anything except where the config.php was pointing as far as the URL. Immediately the calendar wouldn’t display as well as the dashlets. I then adjusted everything to the new URL and it worked again. I really hope this doesn’t become a constant issue where I have to keep changing our site URL. Any suggestions on what might possibly be causing this behavior? Thanks!

You still haven’t told me if you found anything on php_errors.log. We may be missing a very basic source of information for diagnosis here.

Anyway I’m glad you could work around it - and I don’t see any reason why it should happen again :slight_smile:

1 Like

There really wasn’t anything useful in the php logs… that is why I was so confused as to what was happening. Thanks so much for your help!