Hiding panels that don't appear in web-based module/subpanel manager?

Hello all,
My employer is back at CRM, after some time while we sorted some other things out. One thing we want to do is start our users off slowly, by hiding most of the modules and subpanels. However, some items aren’t in the web interface (admin > show/hide modules). For instance, “leads” is nowhere to be found in this manager, so it always appears on everyone’s homepage. How can I hide it until we want to enable it, further down the road? Why would the web interface not show all the available modules? V7.9.6. Thanks.

I see the Leads module in Admin / Display Modules and Subpanels, is that where you’re looking?

Did you make any customizations to it?

Do you have a language pack installed?

Maybe you can try it on the online demo, check if it works there. This one allows admin access:

https://www.softaculous.com/demos/SuiteCRM

Thanks. I’ve not made any modifications, and yes, where you describe is where I’m looking.

Thinking about it, there’s a file that defines available modules, or I thought it did. I might have modified that file in an attempt to hide the module, before I discovered I could do it from the website. The problem is, I can’t now think of what that file is called, and I can’t find it. Any thoughts on where SC has a file listing all modules? I wish I could recall where it was. Some kind of master vardefs, maybe?

Probably

config.php

or config_override.php

both in your main SuiteCRM directory

Those were my first stops, but I couldn’t find anything in either one about modules or panels. Well, there were occurrences of those words when I searched, but nothing about disabling or enabling modules.

Maybe you could try a search by date across your entire tree to see which files you changed after install?..