adding custom field to users?

Hi all,
I’d like to add a custom field to our users. Everyone using the CRM in our company will be a sales representative, and our AS400 has a unique number assigned to each of them. I’d like to add a sales_rep_id field to the users module in Suite CRM so that I can tie AS400 data to the right users. I’ve not found anything about doing this, though. Is it as simple as adding a column to the right table? Are there multiple tables I should worry about if that’s the route to take? I hesitate to touch the structure of the database because of upgrade concerns, but I’ll do it if that’s the recommended way. Thanks.

hello

you should be able to add a field in :

Administration -> Studio ->Employees -> Fields ->

To create a new field, click Add Field. The label along with the other properties of the new field can be edited after creation by clicking the Field Name.

hope it helps,

Q

Thank you! I’m not sure how I missed this, but I did. I’m glad this kind of change is so easy to make, and it looks like the Studio will be helpful in other areas as well.

One question though. I seem to have an odd problem, where something is appended to my field name. I type something like “salesperson_id” for a DB column name, but when I save my entry, the name is actually “salesperson_id_c”. It’s not a big deal, but I’m curious as to why it’s happening.

hello,

confirmed it adds _c at the field name

I would say that adding “_c” it’s a way to highlight the field has been custom made VS original standard fields

It would not show in the lablel anyway

thanks

Q

1 Like

Thanks. As I said, it’s not a big deal, I just couldn’t figure out why it was happening. I thought I was doing something wrong. Having _C mean “custom” makes a lot of sense, and I’m glad to know this is expected behavior.