Can't upgrade SuiteCRM

I have version 2.5 of AMPPS that I’m using to install SuiteCRM and other apps on a Mac.
I’m running Version 7.5.2 of SuiteCRM.
The AMPPS version is a little old, but I can’t update it now. It’s working for the time being.
SuiteCRM 7.5.2 is running correctly.
When I try to update SuiteCRM I can’t download an updater to go all the way to the latest. I first have to use 7.5.x to 7.9.9 which I downloaded.

In the Admin panel, I chose Update Wizard and chose the zip file I downloaded. (to 7.9.9)
When I try to upgrade, I get the message:

ERROR: There was an error during your upload, please contact an administrator for help.

• Size of Upload (10468700 bytes) Exceeded Allowed Maximum: 8388608 bytes

I edited php ini file to increase the upload_max_filesize ---- upload_max_filesize = 23M
I tried both php 5.5 and 5.6

I want to upgrade to 7.9.9 and then I can upgrade again to the latest version by downloading the appropriate upgrade file.

I keep getting the same error. I’m stumped.
What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

A couple of ideas that could help:

1. look in upload/upgrades/patch for leftovers of your previous, failed uploads; maybe deleting the file from there could help the new download to succeed.

2. Make sure you’re editing the correct php.ini, sometimes there is more than one in your system. You’ll have to look for instructions specific to your stack. Or maybe going to Admin–>Diagnostic Tool and selecting php_info might help to discover this.

Good luck

Try increasing max_execution_time to a high number like 3600 and upload_max_filesize to 512MB

In case you may do the upload manually via FTP.

Follow these instructions for that:
http://cheleguanaco.blogspot.it/2011/11/sugarcrm-tips-wizard-less-uploads.html

Try increasing max_execution_time to a high number like 3600 and upload_max_filesize to 512MB

In case you may do the upload manually via FTP.

Follow these instructions for that:

• download the upgrade .zip file from the SuiteCRM website
  • extract the file called manifest.php from the .zip file (make sure that the .zip file remains unchanged still with the manifest.php file inside)
  • rename the extracted manifest.php to the same name as the upgrade .zip file but substitute the “.zip” part with “-manifest.php”. (example: if the .zip file is called “SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.5.x-to-7.7.9.zip” you should rename the extracted manifest.php file to “SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.5.x-to-7.7.9-manifest”
  • upload both the .zip file and the newly renamed manifest file to the upload/upgrades/patch folder
  • now you can run the upgrade wizard from within SuiteCRM

For reference:
http://cheleguanaco.blogspot.it/2011/11/sugarcrm-tips-wizard-less-uploads.html

So far, I’ve done the first part, but without success.

When I change the upload_max_filesize in the php.ini file within my LAMP stack (I’m using AMPPS) I still get this error:

ERROR: There was an error during your upload, please contact an administrator for help.

• Size of Upload (10468700 bytes) Exceeded Allowed Maximum: 8388608 bytes

This maximum of 8388608 never changes no matter what I do.
I don’t know where else this maximum could be set (in SuiteCRM somewhere?). Resetting the upload_max_filesize in php.ini doesn’t fix it.

I’m working on the second part now (extracting the manifest file) but of course it won’t work if the file size error is not fixed.
I have a question on this second part…
In the process you describe the manifest.php file is extracted. Then you say Don’t Delete it and Don’t Change the .zip file in any way.
How can you extract the manifest.php file without changing the .zip file. Extract means remove which will certainly change the .zip file.

Perhaps you mean “Locate” the manifest.php file and copy it to a place outside the .zip file, then close the .zip file without any changes.
Then I upload that same original .zip file AND the renamed copy of the manifest file “with the long name.”

I don’t know that the second part is even needed if I can fix the upload_max_filesize error.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Extracting doesn’t delete the file from the zip, it just copies it outside the zip.

The upload size is only relevant if there is an upload going on; if you place the files directly in the file system it won’t matter.

Anyway, what path does php_info say that your php.ini file is in?

1. Modifying php.ini variables
    After you have changed the values have you restarted your Apache/PHP? If you don’t the changes will not have any effect.
    Additionally check, as pointed out by @pgr, the values with phpinfo(): you may be modifying the wrong file.

2. Manual upload
    If you follow the instructions I gave, the upload_max_filesize should not be an issue

3. Extract vs Copy
    See @pgr’s answer: extracting doesn’t remove it from the zip file. I clearly stated that you have to be careful to keep it in .zip file. Please read.
    (By the way: remove means remove and extract does not mean remove).

They are alternatives.
One doesn’t harm the other though.

I ran a little php info file and got.

Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /Applications/AMPPS/php-5.6/etc
Loaded Configuration File /Applications/AMPPS/php/etc/php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files /Applications/AMPPS/php-5.6/etc/php.d
Additional .ini files parsed (none)

This showedI was editing the correct file.
upload_max_filesize = 512M

max_execution_time 3600 3600
max_file_uploads 20 20
max_input_nesting_level 64

unserialize_callback_func no value no value
upload_max_filesize 512M 512M
upload_tmp_dir no value

This seems to show my changes were actually saved to the file.

Ok, now you’re sure : - )

There are a bunch of possible suggestions here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1122418/changing-upload-max-filesize-on-php

like restarting Apache (!), or other ways to configure the same thing.

And you still have the option of the direct injection of the file that amariussi explained above.

Oops, sorry, i just noticed something in your text. You didn’t get the phpinfo like I told you to, instead you

How did you run that? From the command line with php -f ? That’s a different interpreter (called CLI), it normally has a different php.ini.

But if you ran it from a browser then your findings should be correct.

Is it normal that the values of some of the variables are repeated twice? Could that be the cause of the problem?

OK great. A little language barrier here for me.
Outside of the computer world, extract to me means remove. My error.
I did restart apache and php.

Now I can try the alternate method of placing two files in the folder-- upload/upgrades/patch/.
OK, Yay! That worked. Now I’m up to version 7.7.9

Now, I need to upgrade the the latest version.
I downloaded the 7.7.9 to 7.8.2 upgrade file. (I had to do this in two steps since there was no single upgrade file for 7.5.x to the latest)
I’ll first see if the Upgrade Wizard will work directly without having to extract the manifest file and put it in /upload/upgrades/patch folder.
Yay! that worked without a hitch!

So I have SuiteCRM running on the latest version 7.8.2 !!!

Thank you all for your help !!!

I am glad you managed!

I ran into the same problem. It seems the issue isn’t just about the max file size. the post_max_size matters as well.

I ran phpinfo (from admin-> diag tools) and saw

raised a ticket to my host admin to have it increased and the issue went away.

hope this helps.

Hi.

I’m trying upgrade SuiteCRM from 7.8.2 version to 7.8.3.
I’m using the updates wizard but it fail in the second step, when I select a .zip with new version and click the “upload” button.
Then it shows:
ZIP Error(0): Status(9): Arhive(upload://SuiteCRM-7.8.3.zip): Directory(/var/www/vhosts/ideasdeexito.es/crm.ideasdeexito.es/cache/upgrades/temp/S2IoC1)

The problem is that I can’t clic “nest step”. If I return to Admin - Updates Wizards, it’s in the second step but I can’t select the .zip updloaded.

Could you help me?
Thanks.

@antoniojrivero it would be better if you started your own thread, and told us your versions of OS, database, web server, and PHP.

Where did you get that zip from? It seems there’s something wrong with the format.

I have got this error unpacking the packet and then repacking the zip file with 7zip.
Instead using the original suitecrm zip file it works!