Theme!

guys

you have been doing a great job… undoing everything SugarmCRM is doing.

however, changing themes and giving us this lousy theme in version 7.9.7 (theme P and what not) is SugarCRM in a box!

You really have rethink your last decision again… thank you

The upcoming SuiteCRM 7.10 has a more compact theme that you can already try in 7.10 beta2.

The next iteration of 7.10 betas will also have additional colour schemes.

1 Like

any dates?

No hard dates yet. Dillon said on another thread that we should be getting a 7.10 Beta 3 pretty soon. I would say it will be here today or next week, and from what I see on Github we should be able to see the new colours in that Beta.

The 7.10 release is getting a longer process than most other releases - more betas and release candidates. I’m glad this is so - it’s abig release with lot’s of cool new stuff, it needs extra testing.

The problem is any third party theme that is created becomes AGPLv3 which make it not really commercially viable.

@furlong actually there is an architectural problem (inherited from SugarCRM) that currently the Theme code is too tied up with all the UI, it’s not a clean layer you can replace. So anybody doing a Theme, even if the license was better for them commercially, would face a tough uphill battle trying to keep their Theme up to date with SuiteCRM upgrades.

I guess this is part of the reason why “New UI” is on the Roadmap for 8.0… and the new REST API that’s being worked on (which can be used for external integrations, but also for internal composition of modules) is also part of this effort to improve the layer separation.

When is 8 going to be released with “better” themes? The current “P” theme in 7.9 is so much annoying

You have new colours coming up in 7.10, which you can already preview in the Beta. I’m already using the new look (I love it).

You don’t have to wait for 8.0. :slight_smile:

is it safe to go production with a beta? currently 7.10 is in the beta stage

upgraded to 7.10 beta… nothing but the Suite P !!

Yes, the colour schemes are part of SuiteP, not a different theme.

Go into user profile, advanced tab, layout options section, you have a dropdown with 4 color schems (dawn, dusk, night, etc)

nothing ;… there is no drop down list beside layout options

oops! found it
needed to edit first for it to show! poor UI design

thank you

I’m not seeing any option to change the theme - what am I doing wrong?

http://prntscr.com/hzbded

SuiteCRM v7.9.9
PHP v7.0

@adzychester it’s not in 7.9.x, it’s in 7.10.x (currently in Beta3).

What is the intended release date?

I don’t know, maybe it will have a couple more releases (Release Candidate 1, Release Candidate 2) before being finalized. So a month from now, or a month and a half perhaps?

1 Like