SuiteP Theme customizable

Hi everyone,

I want to modify the style of SuiteP theme, like button colors, panel colors, maybe font style and text box style.

So, where i can do that changes?

Thank you all!!

SuiteP uses sass for building the styles. You would need to have an understanding of how sass compiles as you need to re-compile styles if you change them for them to take effect. You can implement changes in custom/themes/SuiteP. Making your changes, then recompiling, will allow you to make changes you wish to the SuiteP theme in an upgrade safe manner.

What if we don’t care if it’s upgrade safe, just readable to get us through until a better solution can be had? Is there any css or php code that non programmers can do?

I was in this situation a few months back. It took me a weekend to become comfortable making css changes, to change Suite P to my liking.

If you know how to use your browser’s “inspect” facility to view the underlying css code, you can then experiment by tweaking the on-screen css settings and immediately see the effects of those changes on the SuiteCRM pages. You then make those same changes in the style.css file.

I don’t think my hosting company allows you to run raw commands like sass. Therefore, I ignored compilation and just focused on changing the style.css file. (There may be a performance penalty, but I have not noticed any difference).

Note: the style.css file is “compiled” (compressed) and hard to read – one very long line! - so you’ll need to use something like www.cleancss.com/css-beautify/ to re-format (“beautify”) the css code, before making any changes.

1 Like