Inline editing on detail view freezes on Cases

When I try to do an inline edit to the “Case Updates” field, it seems to freeze. I just get a box that says “Performing Task” “One Moment Please”. I have to click the close x to get the screen to go away.

However, the update does work. The email is sent to the contact, and the update is saved. I have to refresh the page to see the update, but it is updated.

I’ve looked at the sugarcrm.log, but it doesn’t seem to be logging an error.

I’ve check permissions on the OS (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).

I’ve done a quick repair and rebuild.

I’m using Windows 10. It happens on both Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

Is there anything else I should check?

This bug is caused by a conflict with inline editing.

You can either navigate to Admin -> Studio -> Cases -> Fields and unset inline editing on Case Updates Threaded, or do an apache restart on your server.

Thanks,

Will.

You can either navigate to Admin -> Studio -> Cases -> Fields and unset inline editing on Case Updates Threaded

I’ve tried this, but the setting will not stay. I unchecked the box, clicked save, but it does not stay unchecked.

do an apache restart on your server.

I’ve tried this also, but this did not solve the problem.

I also tried to repair and rebuild, then follow the same steps as above, but this did not solve the problem.

I also made sure the permissions on the sugarcrm folder and other folders and files are set correctly, then I followed all the steps above including the repair and rebuild.

Any other suggestions?

PS, this is on a test server, so this is not my production server.

I have the same problem, I cannot disable inline editing for the update thread (it always returns to checked).

And when inline editing is on for that field whenever I click to expand or colapse update I get redirected to home page. :wink:

Please list it as a bug or find a solution to disable inline editing for this field. thanks!

Currently the solution is to turn off inline editing totally.

Do an apache webservice restart, that will resolve the issue for now if you cannot disable inline editing. If you can’t disable inline editing for the Case Updates Threaded field in studio, it’s possibly permissions.

Hello, I’m sorry to be a pest, but I still am not able to get this to work. I’m also not able to turn it off.

I have tried to upgrade Ubuntu to 14
I have tried to do permissions
I have tried to do a repair and rebuild.
I have restarted Apache

Is there anything else I should try?

The inline is stuck on and it freezes.

Thanks.

Hello, Today I upgraded to 7.3.1, but this did not help.

In my error.log for apache, I’m seeing this error when I try to do the inline editing on Cases.

[Wed Aug 26 11:07:13.141571 2015] [:error] [pid 1627] [client 192.168.20.254:35191] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/sugarcrm/modules/AOP_Case_Updates/CaseUpdatesHook.php on line 46, referer: https://testcrm.xxxx.xxxx/index.php?action=DetailView&module=Cases&record=46182d70-de5d-ea3a-4f20-55d4ce38ae7e&offset=1&stamp=1440605204084861900

The only other thing I haven’t told you is I re-named the module from “Cases” to “Issues”.

Hi,

I am also getting the same issue,I am able to unset the inline edit button for case update threaded in cases module through studio.Permissions are also there.But still i am not able to do.

Please,help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Manasa.

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Tried everything suggested in this thread, but no luck. Did you ever resolve the issue?

I am getting the exact same thing as well with no resolution yet.

I am using Version 7.9.6

I found a bug in modules/AOP_Case_Updates/Case_Updates.php

On approximately line 121, I changed

$("#LBL_AOP_CASE_UPDATES").load(“index.php?module=Cases&action=DetailView&record=”+record + " #LBL_AOP_CASE_UPDATES", function(){

to

$("#pagecontent").load(“index.php?kevin=true&module=Cases&action=DetailView&record=”+record + " #pagecontent", function(){

and now the dialog box closes and the new Update appears.

#pagecontent may need to be #content