Unable to detect database on 1and1 during install. Ive checked and rechecked..

Please fix the following errors before proceeding:

The provided database host, username, and/or password is invalid, and a connection to the database could not be established. Please enter a valid host, username and password

• Required field

I have had issues in the past about how 1and1 structures things but I am copying pasting the information of the database correctly…

Anyway new to the system but really shouldnt be any issues with the database. I just cant get that to work…

Thanks for the help.
Provide Database Name
Name of the database that will contain the data for the SuiteCRM instance you are about to install:
db598078436
Name of web server or machine (host) on which the database is located ( such as localhost or www.mydomain.com ):
localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock
Provide Database User Information
The username and password of a database administrator who can create database tables and users and who can write to the database is necessary in order to set up the SuiteCRM database.
dbo598078436

Is there anything wrong with what I am putting in?

I dont have a cpanel and have to ftp into the server.

So looking through the archives:

Someone suggested

Turn off strict standards in your php.ini file. Im not seeing a php.ini file in the directory and really dont know what that means.

Your database connections seems to be incorrect. Please verify it one more time.
May be Name of server will be : localhost
You will be asked 2 type of credentials, The database user name and password and the SuiteCRM username and password.

I called my hosting company and verified all the information…
Database name : db598078436
Host name : localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock
User name : dbo598078436
New password *:
Repeat password *:
Socket : localhost/tmp/mysql5.sock

Im still getting errors.

So I deleted everything and tried adding it all back in and it still just isnt working. So frustrating

I dont know what im doing wrong. Ive called and talked with hosting and they have verified the database. also I have tried just localhost and the causes a second error.

have you tried removing the colon after localhost?
maybe you should use: “localhost/tmp/mysql5.sock”

alternatively you could try the part that comes after localhost:
“/tmp/mysql5.sock”

1 Like

With both versions recommended I got an additional error:
Unable to check database version.

localhost/tmp/mysql5.sock
is the only database that doesnt cause that second error

I know with wordpress sometimes youll have to create a database table before the install will work. So i created a simple table in the phpmyadmin as well with no success.

what error did you get with localhost/tmp/mysql5.sock

If you look at the 1and1 FAQs here: https://help.1and1.com/hosting-c37630/databases-c85147/mysql-database-c37730/connect-to-a-mysql5-database-on-a-1and1-managed-server-a752513.html

you will notice that your original set up which includes the colon is correct. Are you sure you entered the correct password?

In the FAQ they suggest to try also with:
“localhost;unix_socket=/tmp/mysql5.sock”

localhost/tmp/mysql5.sock
localhost;unix_socket=/tmp/mysql5.sock

I get the errors:

The provided database host, username, and/or password is invalid, and a connection to the database could not be established. Please enter a valid host, username and password
Unable to check database version.

If i use:
localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock

I only get:

I am going to delete the database and create a new one to see if that helps. But im pretty sure the password is correct.

yeah new database. copy pasted the password everywhere same error:

Ok I was able to quick install sugar crm on a different (friends)server. looking at transferring the site over to my own server.

http://support.sugarcrm.com/Knowledge_Base/Administration/Platform_Management/Moving_Sugar_to_Another_Server/index.html

So after transferring the site over and updating database information. I get a blank page. Im starting to think its 1and1.com

PHP Version 5.5.30XML Parsing OKMB Strings Module OKWritable SuiteCRM Configuration File (config.php) OKWriteable Custom Directory OKWritable Modules Sub-Directories and Files OKWritable Upload Directory OKWritable Data Sub-Directories OKWritable Cache Sub-Directories OKPHP Memory Limit OK (120M)ZLIB Compression Module OKZIP Handling Module OKPCRE Library OKIMAP Module OKcURL Module OKUpload File Size OKSprite Support OKPHP allows to use stream (upload://) OKLocation of your PHP configuration file (php.ini): /usr/lib/php5.5/php.ini
To Setup Crontab
Note: In order to run SuiteCRM Schedulers, add the following line to the crontab file:

• cd /homepages/33/d553872379/htdocs/luckyanchorcrm/SuiteCRM-7.4; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

So This was a 1and1.com issue. They did some crazy hacking to a file in the background MysqliManager.php and localhost works now as database location.

I dont know what they did… I asked so I could update that here… but. nothing

Cheers