Gantt in 7.2+

Hi,

I have upgraded a SuiteCRM 7.1x instance to 7.2 specifically for the Gantt updates to Project.

I can see additional fields Cpl, Estimated effort, and Utilization in tasks, however I cannot work out how to view the gantt charts or reports?

Is there any documentation on the topic?

Is there anything I am missing??

Thanks and kind regards,
Eugene.

There should be a button at top of a project record next to edit and delete called View Gantt.

Did you do a quick repair and rebuild after you upgraded?

Thank you for your reply ā€¦

I just did a ā€œQuick repair and rebuildā€ and it did not seem to make a difference.

I cannot see any Gantt related links.

The site has been up for only a month-ish, it contains little data and no hacks.
The upgrade and rebuild all seemed to work as expected.

Thanks again, I appreciate your insights!!

Eugene.

it could be a permission issue, I reset permissions on your server and try again with the Quick repair and rebuild

The web user has write permissions on all files (maybe not that ideal, but true) ā€¦

[webadmin@au006261 public_html]$ grep ^User /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
User webadmin
[webadmin@au006261 public_html]$ find . ! -perm -u+w
[webadmin@au006261 public_html]$

I will roll back and re-install tomorrow.

Thanks, Eugene.

I rolled back the re-installed the package.

Still no view gantt button:

I did fine a ā€˜Resource Chartā€™ link in the Projects menu, which I hadnt before noticed ??

All clues welcome.

Thanks, Eugene;

can you check the custom/modules/Project/language/en_us.lang.php

and look for : ā€˜LBL_VIEW_GANTT_TITLEā€™ => ā€˜View Ganttā€™,

Thanks Andy ā€¦

Yes, that exists ā€¦

[webadmin@au006261 public_html]$ grep -R VIEW_GANTT_TITLE . | grep -v ^./cache
./custom/modules/Project/language/en_us.lang.php:  'LBL_VIEW_GANTT_TITLE' => 'View Gantt',

And the following files mention gantt ā€¦

[webadmin@au006261 public_html]$ grep -lRi gantt . | grep -v ^./cache
./install/demoData.en_us.php
./install/suite_install/suite_install.php
./install/suite_install/GanttChartPro.php
./install/demoData.es_es.php
./modules/ProjectTask/ProjectTask.php
./custom/modules/ProjectTask/updateDependencies.php
./custom/modules/Project/controller.php
./custom/modules/Project/gantt.php
./custom/modules/Project/js/custom_project.js
./custom/modules/Project/js/main_lib_chart.js
./custom/modules/Project/js/main_lib.js
./custom/modules/Project/project_table.php
./custom/modules/Project/language/en_us.lang.php
./custom/modules/Project/css/style.css
./custom/modules/Project/css/style_chart.css
./custom/modules/Project/views/view.ganttchart.php
./custom/modules/Project/views/view.resourcelist.php
./custom/application/Ext/Language/en_us.lang.ext.php
./custom/Extension/application/Ext/Language/en_us.GanttChartPro.php
./themes/Suite7/css/style.css
./themes/Suite7/css/Cal.css
./upload/upgrades/patch/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.1.x-to-7.2 Beta 2.zip
./upload/upgrades/patch/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.1.x-to-7.2 Beta 2-restore/themes/Suite7/css/style.css

I just cant find access to in in the FE. Im logged as the su/admin

I can give you access if you like, and if you find that the fault is mine Ill be happy to pay for your support.
CRM Admin login, FTP, and/or SSH ??

Thanks, again, Eugene.

I would temporarily set permissions to 777 on all files then do a quick repair and rebuild then a rebuild relationships and see if that helps. Clear all your browser caches etc. If all that fails then I might take a look.

That would make no difference, you can see from the above tests that the apache httpd service user ā€˜webadminā€™ has write permissions to all files,
and I just confirmed now that user webadmin also has write permissions on the parent directory.
You can also see from the above file list that is had no issues creating and editing files.

Are there any additional server dependencies required by the Gantt logic? For example what draws the graphs?

Otherwise, how would I go about arranging a support officer to take a look.

Thanks.

Everything required for the gantt chart is included and unless you are paying for support then this forum is the only real option.

I just spoke to the developer who put the upgrade together, Looks like the link is missing. We will be releasing a fixed upgrade package early next week. You could also add the menu link to the detail view yourself

Add this to the buttons array in: custom/modules/Project/metadata/detailviewdefs.php

3 => 
          array (
            'customCode' => '<input title="{$APP.LBL_VIEW_GANTT_TITLE}" class="button" type="button" name="view_gantt" id="view_gantt" value="{$APP.LBL_GANTT_BUTTON_LABEL}" onclick="javascript:window.location.href=\'index.php?module=Project&action=view_GanttChart&project_id={$id}\'"/>',
          ),

Mate! You legend, thank you !!

I had to

• make the directory custom/modules/Project/metadata
  • copy modules/Project/metadata/detailviewdefs.php to custom/modules/Project/metadata/detailviewdefs.php
  • add your above code to the buttons array in custom/modules/Project/metadata/detailviewdefs.php as instructed
  • delete the cache/modules/Project/* files

And the View Gantt button showed up ā€¦

Thanks very much for chasing this up and providing a fix :slight_smile:

Eugene.

Hello,

I followed your procedure to make the dir metadata in Project and I copied the detailviewdefs.php as instructed.
However I have problems to insert the code in the detailviewdefs.php :
3 =>
array (
ā€˜customCodeā€™ => ā€˜ā€™,
),

Attached I sent the file.

Could you help me to insert the code, in order that I could use the Gantt Chart in Projects.

Many thanks in advance.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Attached is the
custom/modules/Project/metadata/detailviewdefs.php
file that I made/used (unzip first).

NOTE also that you need to clear your Projects files from the cache and do a refresh.

I hope that helps,
Eugene.

1 Like

You could also turn on developer mode in the settings while making changes. This will allow your changes to be seen right away without doing a repair and rebuild.

I downloaded new version of 7.2 and this was missing

custom/modules/Project/metadata/detailviewdefs.php

array (
ā€˜customCodeā€™ => ā€˜ā€™,
),

Miky :woohoo:

1 Like

So this is Oddā€¦ I expected I had the same problem as everyone else in my 7.3.1 installā€¦ I opened detailviewdefs.php and this code was already there!

But I still have no button to view the Ganttā€¦

(Of course I have done a quick rebuild)

3 => 
          array (
            'customCode' => '<input title="{$APP.LBL_VIEW_GANTT_TITLE}" class="button" type="button" name="view_gantt" id="view_gantt" value="{$APP.LBL_GANTT_BUTTON_LABEL}" onclick="javascript:window.location.href=\'index.php?module=Project&action=view_GanttChart&project_id={$id}\'"/>',
          ),

Or if you want the full buttons array:

array (
        'buttons' => 
        array (
          0 => 
          array (
            'customCode' => '<input title="{$APP.LBL_EDIT_BUTTON_TITLE}" accessKey="{$APP.LBL_EDIT_BUTTON_KEY}" class="button" type="submit" name="Edit" id="edit_button" value="{$APP.LBL_EDIT_BUTTON_LABEL}"onclick="{if $IS_TEMPLATE}this.form.return_module.value=\'Project\'; this.form.return_action.value=\'ProjectTemplatesDetailView\'; this.form.return_id.value=\'{$id}\'; this.form.action.value=\'ProjectTemplatesEditView\';{else}this.form.return_module.value=\'Project\'; this.form.return_action.value=\'DetailView\'; this.form.return_id.value=\'{$id}\'; this.form.action.value=\'EditView\'; {/if}"/>',
            'sugar_html' => 
            array (
              'type' => 'submit',
              'value' => ' {$APP.LBL_EDIT_BUTTON_LABEL} ',
              'htmlOptions' => 
              array (
                'id' => 'edit_button',
                'class' => 'button',
                'accessKey' => '{$APP.LBL_EDIT_BUTTON_KEY}',
                'name' => 'Edit',
                'onclick' => '{if $IS_TEMPLATE}this.form.return_module.value=\'Project\'; this.form.return_action.value=\'ProjectTemplatesDetailView\'; this.form.return_id.value=\'{$id}\'; this.form.action.value=\'ProjectTemplatesEditView\';{else}this.form.return_module.value=\'Project\'; this.form.return_action.value=\'DetailView\'; this.form.return_id.value=\'{$id}\'; this.form.action.value=\'EditView\'; {/if}',
              ),
            ),
          ),
          1 => 
          array (
            'customCode' => '<input title="{$APP.LBL_DELETE_BUTTON_TITLE}" accessKey="{$APP.LBL_DELETE_BUTTON_KEY}" class="button" type="button" name="Delete" id="delete_button" value="{$APP.LBL_DELETE_BUTTON_LABEL}" onclick="project_delete(this);"/>',
            'sugar_html' => 
            array (
              'type' => 'button',
              'id' => 'delete_button',
              'value' => '{$APP.LBL_DELETE_BUTTON_LABEL}',
              'htmlOptions' => 
              array (
                'title' => '{$APP.LBL_DELETE_BUTTON_TITLE}',
                'accessKey' => '{$APP.LBL_DELETE_BUTTON_KEY}',
                'id' => 'delete_button',
                'class' => 'button',
                'onclick' => 'project_delete(this);',
              ),
            ),
          ),
          2 => 
          array (
            'customCode' => '<input title="{$APP.LBL_DUPLICATE_BUTTON_TITLE}" accessKey="{$APP.LBL_DUPLICATE_BUTTON_KEY}" class="button" type="submit" name="Duplicate" id="duplicate_button" value="{$APP.LBL_DUPLICATE_BUTTON_LABEL}"onclick="{if $IS_TEMPLATE}this.form.return_module.value=\'Project\'; this.form.return_action.value=\'ProjectTemplatesDetailView\'; this.form.isDuplicate.value=true; this.form.action.value=\'projecttemplateseditview\'; this.form.return_id.value=\'{$id}\';{else}this.form.return_module.value=\'Project\'; this.form.return_action.value=\'DetailView\'; this.form.isDuplicate.value=true; this.form.action.value=\'EditView\'; this.form.return_id.value=\'{$id}\';{/if}""/>',
            'sugar_html' => 
            array (
              'type' => 'submit',
              'value' => '{$APP.LBL_DUPLICATE_BUTTON_LABEL}',
              'htmlOptions' => 
              array (
                'title' => '{$APP.LBL_DUPLICATE_BUTTON_TITLE}',
                'accessKey' => '{$APP.LBL_DUPLICATE_BUTTON_KEY}',
                'class' => 'button',
                'name' => 'Duplicate',
                'id' => 'duplicate_button',
                'onclick' => '{if $IS_TEMPLATE}this.form.return_module.value=\'Project\'; this.form.return_action.value=\'ProjectTemplatesDetailView\'; this.form.isDuplicate.value=true; this.form.action.value=\'projecttemplateseditview\'; this.form.return_id.value=\'{$id}\';{else}this.form.return_module.value=\'Project\'; this.form.return_action.value=\'DetailView\'; this.form.isDuplicate.value=true; this.form.action.value=\'EditView\'; this.form.return_id.value=\'{$id}\';{/if}',
              ),
            ),
          ),
          3 => 
          array (
          ),
        ),
      ),

Iā€™m a dummy. I accidentally wasnā€™t in custom