7.9.6 upgrade from 7.9.4 issue??

G’day.

I am getting following error when I run the upgrade from 7.9 to 7.9.6.

Upgrade process will update some files but these files also exist in custom/ folder. Please review the changes before continuing:
include/language/en_us.lang.php => custom/include/language/en_us.lang.php
modules/Home/language/en_us.lang.php => custom/modules/Home/language/en_us.lang.php
modules/Leads/metadata/detailviewdefs.php => custom/modules/Leads/metadata/detailviewdefs.php
modules/Schedulers/_AddJobsHere.php => custom/modules/Schedulers/_AddJobsHere.php
modules/Accounts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php => custom/modules/Accounts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php
modules/Connectors/language/en_us.lang.php => custom/modules/Connectors/language/en_us.lang.php
modules/Contacts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php => custom/modules/Contacts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php

I’ve never seen this error before. I haven’t ever changed anything in custom so I wonder why this error comes now.

Is this a upgrade script error?

The message is recent. It is basically an improvement to the installer so that the admins get more warnings. There used to be only a message when files were overwritten by the installer.

This is slightly different: it’s when the installer is replacing files, but since you have similar files in “custom”, and these override the new files, some new functionalities might be broken.

So you might have those files from a looong way back, and never got this warning, the warning was only introduced recently.

You just need to analyze the situation and either remove the files from custom, or try to remake their customizations from the newer versions of the files in 7.9.5, so no functionality is lost.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation. So I can confirm, the files in custom are not overwritten but they will change the behaviour of the original clean install file?

Now that you mention it, I did add some items to some drop downs many years back.

Is there some documentation of what is supposed to be in custom and what the base files should look like so I can do a diff to see what changes were made?

Thanks again.

You just need to focus on those files listed.

If you think you can simply remove them without any loss of significant customizations, great.

If not, the diff you need to do to investigate is between your file as it is custom directory, and the new files being installed, which you can find zipped inside your upgrade package.

My situation here is that I cannot proceed to next step at all unless I remove those files in custom directory first… Is this the correct behaviour for the rest of you?

I believe these language files in custom directory include the changes I made in .e.g. additional drop down values for some fields

@afatac are you the same person/company as @nuke? This is confusing…

Are you sure you can’t just upload a package and continue? I believe that is only a warning, not an error that blocks the wizard.

@pgr

@afatac and I (nuke) are both facing similar issues. We are not the same person.

Thanks for the suggestion. I want to understand why I am getting the warning before I inadvertently break the install. I haven’t had the time to check the diff between the two files but I suspect that as with @afatac, it is the modifications I made to some of the drop downs that is causing the warning.

Up until now the warnings never came up and getting the warnings is very good. I just was worried since I’d never seen them before.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion.

Since it is not a normal behaviour, I restore the system from my backup and go through the upgrade wizard again. I can continue this time after seeing the warning messages.

Having the same issue, but now when upgrading from 7.9.5 to 7.9.7.

The thing is the wizard “unloads” the package I just uploaded, but still shows the “SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.9.x-to-7.9.7.zip has been uploaded.” message.

So it’s “definitely” (“maybe”?) a bug in the upgrad wizard / process that´s still around in 7.9.5 !

1 Like

@rcairello I agree the message is confusing - I think what it means is this: the zip has uploaded; but now that it has been unzipped and analysed, it caused warnings; and then it removes the package back to an unloaded state.

But the point is: can you proceed once you check those files and decide to continue? I guess not.

You can always remove the files first, before uploading, so the errors won’t come up.

Great! Thanks for the tip !
Will remove the /custom files indicated on screen and proceed with the upgrade !

All the best and have a great weekend!

1 Like