Unable to change panel to tab in Studio after upgrade to 7.9.2

Hello,

I have upgraded to SuiteCRM 7.9.2 and created a new module in it. When I try to change Panel to Tab in Studio or check ‘Sync to DetailView’ in Layouts->EditView and click Save no change occurs. When I click on ‘Save and Deploy’ the changes reflect in Editview but no change shows in the module itself.

The log file shows no error. The permissions too are properly set.

Please help to resolve.

Thanks!

Did you check both your logs?

Maybe you can also go in Admin / System Settings and increase the log level to “debug”.

Hi pgr,

Thanks for response. I have enabled the php_errors.log but I do not see any error in it. Also set ‘Debug’ as option ‘System Settings’ but the log also showed no error except for

Mon Jul 24 02:00:02 2017 [16229][1][DEBUG] SugarBean.load_relationships, Error Loading relationship (assigned_user_id)
Mon Jul 24 02:00:04 2017 [16229][1][DEBUG] SugarBean.load_relationships, Error Loading relationship (aor_scheduled_reports_aor_reports)

I am not sure what I should be looking for in the logs.

Another thing is that the issue is happening for all the modules in studio.

Thanks!

maybe test this…
https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/15174-new-fields-added-now-showing-up#51103

test in demo suitecrm for see if it’s a bug

I did the following steps in the link you gave

How Know Permission Problem ?
Simple way, go to admin section -> repair and make repair/rebuild

See result if All Module, All Relation, Role… and so are displayed to the end and you see :

Done
Database tables are synced with vardefs
Return to Administration page

I got the expected results so its not a permission issue.

https://suitecrm.com/demo does not have the admin option so cannot find whether its a bug.

Thanks!

Sometimes people get lost in the logs and forget the most obvious way to look: timestamps. Whatever happened in the time of the error, or of the failed operation, is worth inspection… :slight_smile:

I used the options ‘Mark Point’ and ‘Refresh from Mark Point’ in System Settings for viewing logs. When the ‘Log Level’ was ‘Error’ there was no error and when I set it to ‘Debug’ I do not see anything related to error.

I tried testing with Accounts module in Studio and few things I noticed

1. On changing the ‘More Information’ panel to tab and clicking on ‘Save’ nothing happened and value remained set to panel.
    [li]On changing the ‘More Information’ panel to tab and clicking on ‘Save and Deploy’ change reflected in studio and a file was created in customs->Accounts->metadata with the following code:

<?php
$viewdefs [‘Accounts’] =
array (
‘EditView’ =>
array (
‘templateMeta’ =>
array (
‘form’ =>
array (
‘buttons’ =>
array (
0 => ‘SAVE’,
1 => ‘CANCEL’,
),
),
‘maxColumns’ => ‘2’,
‘widths’ =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘label’ => ‘10’,
‘field’ => ‘30’,
),
1 =>
array (
‘label’ => ‘10’,
‘field’ => ‘30’,
),
),
‘includes’ =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘file’ => ‘modules/Accounts/Account.js’,
),
),
‘useTabs’ => true,
‘tabDefs’ =>
array (
‘LBL_ACCOUNT_INFORMATION’ =>
array (
‘newTab’ => true,
‘panelDefault’ => ‘expanded’,
),
‘LBL_PANEL_ADVANCED’ =>
array (
‘newTab’ => true,
),
),
),
‘panels’ =>
array (
‘lbl_account_information’ =>
array (
0 =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘name’ => ‘name’,
‘label’ => ‘LBL_NAME’,
‘displayParams’ =>
array (
‘required’ => true,
),
),
1 =>
array (
‘name’ => ‘phone_office’,
‘label’ => ‘LBL_PHONE_OFFICE’,
),
),
1 =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘name’ => ‘website’,
‘type’ => ‘link’,
‘label’ => ‘LBL_WEBSITE’,
),
1 =>
array (
‘name’ => ‘phone_fax’,
‘label’ => ‘LBL_FAX’,
),
),
2 =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘name’ => ‘email1’,
‘studio’ => ‘false’,
‘label’ => ‘LBL_EMAIL’,
),
),
3 =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘name’ => ‘billing_address_street’,
‘hideLabel’ => true,
‘type’ => ‘address’,
‘displayParams’ =>
array (
‘key’ => ‘billing’,
‘rows’ => 2,
‘cols’ => 30,
‘maxlength’ => 150,
),
),
1 =>
array (
‘name’ => ‘shipping_address_street’,
‘hideLabel’ => true,
‘type’ => ‘address’,
‘displayParams’ =>
array (
‘key’ => ‘shipping’,
‘copy’ => ‘billing’,
‘rows’ => 2,
‘cols’ => 30,
‘maxlength’ => 150,
),
),
),
4 =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘name’ => ‘description’,
‘label’ => ‘LBL_DESCRIPTION’,
),
),
5 =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘name’ => ‘assigned_user_name’,
‘label’ => ‘LBL_ASSIGNED_TO’,
),
),
),
‘LBL_PANEL_ADVANCED’ =>
array (
0 =>
array (
0 => ‘account_type’,
1 => ‘industry’,
),
1 =>
array (
0 => ‘annual_revenue’,
1 => ‘employees’,
),
2 =>
array (
0 => ‘parent_name’,
),
3 =>
array (
0 => ‘campaign_name’,
),
),
),
),
);
$viewdefs[‘Accounts’][‘EditView’][‘templateMeta’] = array (
‘form’ =>
array (
‘buttons’ =>
array (
0 => ‘SAVE’,
1 => ‘CANCEL’,
),
),
‘maxColumns’ => ‘2’,
‘widths’ =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘label’ => ‘10’,
‘field’ => ‘30’,
),
1 =>
array (
‘label’ => ‘10’,
‘field’ => ‘30’,
),
),
‘includes’ =>
array (
0 =>
array (
‘file’ => ‘modules/Accounts/Account.js’,
),
),
‘useTabs’ => false,
‘tabDefs’ =>
array (
‘LBL_ACCOUNT_INFORMATION’ =>
array (
‘newTab’ => false,
),
‘LBL_PANEL_ADVANCED’ =>
array (
‘newTab’ => false,
),
),
);
?>

Still the Accounts ‘Edit View’ did not change to tab.
Same is the issue with the new module I created.
[/li]
[/ol]

I think there is a new bug in Studio. I mentioned your case here:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/4032

Thanks for mentioning it!

I also see the error ‘SugarBean.load_relationships, Error Loading relationship (assigned_user_id)’ in the logs

There’s an easy fix you can apply manually until the fix gets officially released:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/4047/commits/ed84de4372af961ddba862a49c97fddf183ffe14

Can you confirm if this works well, and also if it removes the “assigned_to” errors from your logs? I need to understand if that is the same issue, or another one…

Thanks

Thanks for the help!

I did apply the fix but after applying on clicking a module in studio would not open the contents in the other pane. For example, I clicked on Accounts->Layouts and nothing happened. When I commented out the change and reverted to original the options started to open in studio.

Sorry, my fix was deprecated within 10 minutes of being made! :slight_smile:

This is the correct fix:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/3918

You won’t be able to apply it manually, you have to pull it down from git if you know how. It would be useful if you tested (on a test system, not in production!).

@pgr thanks for this but I am at a loss how to pull it down from git. I have been searching and not finding a proper link on how to do it. I just know how to download from github.

Some guidance please…
Thanks!

Learning git is not that easy and I won’t be able to help you that much, I’m leaving for holidays tomorrow.

This post https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/3868 has some instructions by Daniel Samson. In your case, you would only have to proceed until the first checkout.

But if the code you’re trying to get is not pulled into SuiteCRM’s GitHub yet, you have to pull it from a different remote, namely, from the user proposing the fix. In this case it will be repository “daniel-samson/SuiteCRM” and branch “fix_mb_studio”.

Good luck

P.S. - it’s easy to mess up your installation, so make sure you’re working from a test machine and make a backup of your SuiteCRM directory.

@pgr thank you! I was able to download the fix and test it but it did not resolve the issue. Below are the log details after I tried to change the Panel to Tab in Studio.

Tue Aug 1 03:53:59 2017 [30331][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!
Tue Aug 1 03:54:00 2017 [30331][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!
Tue Aug 1 03:54:02 2017 [955][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!
Tue Aug 1 03:54:02 2017 [955][-none-][FATAL] cron.php: running as admin is not allowed in allowed_cron_users in config.php. Exiting.
Tue Aug 1 03:54:06 2017 [854][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!
Tue Aug 1 03:54:15 2017 [30431][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!

I upgraded to Ver 7.9.4 but the issue still exists. This is frustrating :frowning: .

Even in the stable 7.8.5 LTS the panels set as tabs are being repeated in every tab. Please help to fix that.

Thanks!

Same here I cannot understand why there is no fix to something that was working in previous versions :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: .

X2

I think the issue is with the theme. Can anyone with sound knowledge with css try and debug it?

Thanks!

Hi, I am on previous version 7.18.18 and am also having trouble editing the “more info” tab in accounts. Save and deploy…altered in list view but does not change in the actual tab.
Any updates known?
Thanks.