Upgrade to 7.8.1 errors with ListViewSmarty

After an upgrade, admin areas load but when I go to Accounts, Opportunities, Leads, etc, I get the top menu bar but the content area is blank. The following 2 errors appear in apache error logs:

[Fri Feb 17 20:35:57.477945 2017] [:error] [pid 21419] [client 76.20.195.44:61772] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ListViewSmarty::ListViewSmarty() in /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/custom/modules/Accounts/AccountsListViewSmarty.php:8\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/custom/modules/Accounts/views/view.list.php(16): AccountsListViewSmarty->AccountsListViewSmarty()\n#1 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(167): AccountsViewList->preDisplay()\n#2 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(363): SugarView->process()\n#3 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(310): SugarController->processView()\n#4 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(105): SugarController->execute()\n#5 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/custom/modules/Accounts/AccountsListViewSmarty.php on line 8, referer: https://www.blah.com/suitecrm/index.php?module=Home&action=index

[Fri Feb 17 20:35:58.532751 2017] [:error] [pid 21410] [client 76.20.195.44:61776] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ListViewSmarty::ListViewSmarty() in /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/custom/modules/Accounts/AccountsListViewSmarty.php:8\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/custom/modules/Accounts/views/view.list.php(16): AccountsListViewSmarty->AccountsListViewSmarty()\n#1 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(167): AccountsViewList->preDisplay()\n#2 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(363): SugarView->process()\n#3 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(310): SugarController->processView()\n#4 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(105): SugarController->execute()\n#5 /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/blah/suitecrm/custom/modules/Accounts/AccountsListViewSmarty.php on line 8

I am having the same issues.

Were you able to fix it?

1 Like

Hi, we had this same problem after upgrading a really old instance to 7.8.3. We didn’t have any special view customizations and this issue was affecting every module except the ones we created ourselves within module builder.

The custom view layout files are not essential for the system to operate. The solution for us was to just backup and delete the folder /your-path-to-suitecrm/custom/modules/Accounts/views/ for each of the affected modules. After that everything was fine. We had to redo some layouts, but it was a pretty quick fix in our situation.

If you care about preserving view customizations there is another thread on this. Those suggestions didn’t work for me but may for you if you don’t want to lose any layouts: https://suitecrm.com/forum/installation-upgrade-help/13140-upgrade-7-7-9-to-7-8-1-no-longer-able-to-search-accounts-contacts-leads-opportunities-etc .

1 Like

Thanks , indeed, this approach completely solves the issue.
For those like me who were using an older version , like the one provided with Godaddy web site. And thanks to all contirbutors.