Problem wqith User Interface After Upgrading to 7.7

Hi All

I just upgraded my 7.6.x version to latest 7.7, it worked just fine i guess, but i have some problems related to user interface especially all title in the admin menu is gone, only the field title

Everything suddenly just gone like LBL_something , it also happens in my login screen as shown in below, or see the attachment if nothing appears below

Can anybody know how to repair this matter? One of the problem is i can’t use the repair function in admin because the screen is also white plain like the other functions

Sometimes the permissions get messed up when upgrading. Can you run the following commands from inside your Suite directory (please be very careful not to run them from anywhere else as you might end up messing up all the permissions on your server). Also replace www-data with the user Apache runs as on your server.

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

1 Like

I have followed your instructions and it worked…thanks

If you don’t want that to happen again at next upgrade or when installing add-ons with module loader, you should also edit config.php.
In default_permissions, you should set ‘user’ and ‘group’ to ‘www-data’

My Calendar doesn’t show after the upgrade, I checked the permissions as stated above but still no joy.