Rest API

I am running into a Rest error with Act-on integration. It was working for the past 3 months but now that I am on version 7.9.7 and PHP 7.1.3 it is not. It logs in ok and will link to data i.e. pull down into Act-on but it will not update back via AO rest calls it fails with an authentication error.

I am getting the system to connect but it will not post back to the suite. Meaning I log in and can import target list on Act-on so it is connecting to the data but when It tries to (post) or sync it fails… and is throwing an authentication error.

Of course, I do not have access to the Act-on API so I don’t know exactly what the call or post is via their code.

Any chance there are changes to the API with the php7 upgrade requirement that would fail the API functionality?

Any thoughts or changes to the Postman for making API calls to Suitecrm from version 7.8.7 to 7.9.7?

Have others had issues or connected to Act-on

I don’t know the answer, but 7.9.7 had plenty of security fixes, I’m betting one of these made logging in with the API harder…

Hi,

What we do is unrelated to Act-on, but we have no problem with 7.9.7 and REST API for reading or writing data
We are using REST API version 4_1.

I would rather think that the issue is with PHP 7.1.
Which version of the REST API are you using?
Does your PHP error log show errors related to the API?

2 Likes

Found solution to problem with PHP7 and rest api. See git hub solution outlined by @jobst, Thanks for the solution.

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/3415

Don’t have any insight into when this might actually make it int the actual software. But following the instructions got it to work for me. :slight_smile:

@tseward on Github you wrote yesterday it didn’t work… does it work now? What changed?

Maybe you can update your comment there.

wow, you were quick in the reply, thanks. I just made it.

1 Like