Problems removing the create button on Contacts popup view

Hello,

We have a requirement that needs the ‘Create’ button, on the Contact’s pop-up view, to be removed.

We already tried the best practice way, by moving the popupdefs.php to the equivalent Custom path folder or even the header.tpl file (which is not the intended once it removes the button from all pop ups), and comment the code which generates the button. After the Quick and Repair the button still on the pop-up view.

We also tried the unset() function, as we did to ‘hide’ sub panels, but it didn’t make the pretended action either.

Is there any other to achieve this requirement?

Thanks,
JRPG

Hi there,

I am also working on a requirement that expresses the necessity that no contacts are to be created from within the Contacts popup.

Does anyone have any idea on how to remove the create button from the Contact Popup?

Thanks in advance.

have you tired via javascript? this is easy handled in the views folder of each module

document.getElementById('SAVE_HEADER').style.display = 'none';
document.getElementById('SAVE_FOOTER').style.display = 'none';
document.getElementById('save_and_continue').style.display = 'none';

best regards

Hi there,

If I understood correctly, you are referring to the edit view, and my problem is on the pop up used to associate a contact to an account that allows for the creation of a Contact but is not particularly a view.

I’ve attached a print of the pop up. It seems this pop up is generated dynamically and is not supported by a file in the views folder.

Am I seeing this wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I have found a way to accomplish this requirement!!

Under the popupdefs.php file (located in: custom/modules//metadata. if you do not have this file copy it from modules//metadata) remove the ‘create’ array. This is a safe upgrade way and does not have any process from the client side (browser).

Under the popupdefs.php developers can change other definitions too.

I have attached 2 pictures to show the changes.

Hope it helps future people with same doubts.

Regards
João

1 Like