Reports not working with custom fields

This is hard to explain, so I’m sorry if this is confusing.

I have two custom modules where one is related to Accounts (which I renamed to Institutions) and it is related to another module named Sprints.

Institutions (Accounts) is related to Deployments which is related to Sprints.

When I create the module Sprints in Module Builder, I made a field named Go Live Date. When I deployed the module, I realized I made Go Live Date to a text field, not a date field. So, I went to studio and created a new field named Go Live 2, which is a date field. So, Go Live 2 is now a custom field.

Now, I create a report on Deployments. The fields I used is Account:Name, Deployment:Name, Sprint:Name. This report works. No custom fields. It brings back the data I was expecting.

I now create the report with the same field as above and added Sprint:Go Live 2. This report does not work. Go Live 2 is a custom field. I went back and removed that field and added a custom field from Account, and it broke the report, also. When I say it broke the report, I mean it returned no results.

Also, I did not add any conditions.

If you need any other information, please let me know.

Thanks for highlighting this. This will be fixed in future releases.

Hi Max/Will,

I’m facing similar problems whenever there is relation field or condition to another module in the report settings. Report will be shown as empty. If I use regular fields in conditions/fields, report is working normally. Is there anything that can be done to fix the issue?

-R

We’re testing the new reporting in SuiteCRM 7.2 and it appears that reporting still doesn’t work with related fields that were created in Studio. The report simply goes blank once you add a custom field from a related module. Can anyone confirm they are having this issue as well?

Same Issue here, all works perfectly except reporting on custom modules. Otherwise brilliant job, love the responsive design.

I’m seeing the same thing. It would be nice to get this one fixed.

-D