WYSIWYG Editor Update

Hi,

I would suggest updating or changing the e-mail editor. It is a pain if you try to do create complex html e-mails. I don’t mind adjusting the html manually but the html view in sugar is a nightmare. Right now I just use an advanced wordpress editor and copy the content over. Things would be much easier if there was just a html view with formatting and highlighting.

Thanks,
-Till

Hi till,

We’ve had issues recently related to email templates and being able to create complex HTML emails. It seems TinyMCE and SugarCRM(using HTMLPurifier) strip out many HTML elements which prevents users from creating well presented/styled HTML emails. Any suggestions/contributions to a solution would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Will.

Attached is a quick plugin that I whipped up that contains settings for HTMLPurifier and TinyMCE to allow a few changes, inline-CSS being one of them (I think).

Caveat: These settings were mostly for my internal use case, which includes generating clickmap-able HTML via Dreamweaver which are then dropped into the TinyMCE editor as outgoing email campaigns. As a result, I’ve added map and area tags, etc. which may not be completely applicable to all users.

Caveat 2: I also realize that this could be better commented, but oh well for now.

The only other thing is that these changes are currently NOT UPGRADE-SAFE. I thought I had a post about that a while ago in the Suggestion Box … I think there was a change in config_override.php that could be made to include an additional clean_foo.php that would preserve settings through upgrades. I’ll have to dig to find that.

Will, if you can forward that to Matt, I’d appreciate it.

Hi Klou,

Thank you for the plugin. I will give it a try sometime this week. What do you mean by “not upgrade safe”?

Thanks,
-Till

Upon upgrades (of SuiteCRM/SugarCE), the my changes (via plugin) will need to be re-applied.

OK, I guess I can live with that. Thanks for the clarifying.

By the way you guys have done an awesome job making SuiteCRM. It made things for so much better!

Hi till,

We’re glad you’re enjoying SuiteCRM. 7.1 has just been released with a host of new features. If you download and find any bugs/issues, please help the community by reporting and resolving them.

Thanks,

Will.

How about a easy way to add Tiny MCE features (plugins) to the system/admin back-end?

As it is now, the WYSIWYG editor it extremely limited. You don’t even a button for hyperlinking text or web addresses which is bonkers.
Kind regards
PowerQuest

1 Like